Arrest warrant searches in Hawaii County would certainly have more takers if these inquiries could be conducted entirely online. However, at the moment, state agencies seem to be taking no strides in the direction of putting up the criminal history data held by them online. In fact, the police department’s offices, the clerk of court, and the magistrate have steadfastly stuck to the protocol of calling applicants over to launch the investigation.
For many people interested in data on Hawaii County active warrants, it is not just about the approach’s tediousness. These applicants may very well have past arrest records and outstanding warrants to their name, and rightly fear that they will be detained they show up at these justice departments’ offices.
Fortunately, there is an option for people who would like to use the World Wide Web to investigate warrants and arrests. The form above can get you access to a privately held repository of criminal history. This database is larger than the one held by the state agencies for the sheer reason that information from all parts of the country is included.
As opposed to this, even if you are connecting with a state department to find information on third parties, you stand to get data collected in connection with crimes reported in the state of Hawaii and not the rest of the United States. To use the private service, fill out the form given above, and connect with state agencies, use the contact details below.
- The sheriff’s: 349 Kapiolani St, Hilo, Hawaii 96720
- The magistrate’s: 25 Aupuni St, Hilo, HI 96720
- The county clerk’s: 777 Kilauea Avenue, Hilo, Hawai`i 96720-4212
How do I obtain arrest records and warrant information from Hawaii County over the phone? (Valid until 2021)
- (808) 933-0431-Call for inmate arrest records and inmate search.
- (808) 443-2174-Call for inquiries related to arrests, including bail
- (808) 961-0466 (E. Hawaii), (808) 322-2552 (W. Hawaii), and (808) 887-3017 (N. Hawaii) -Call for victim’s assistance.
- (808) 935-3311. -Call for inquiries pertaining to a criminal investigation
- (808) 961-2233.-Call for details on warrants, arrest records, and incident/accident report
- (808) 961-7400 (Circuit Court) and (808) 961-7470 (District Court) – Call for initiating a case search and requesting judicial records
Crime statistics of Hawaii County
Around 4600 crimes were reported in Hawaii County in 2019, a drop of nearly 16% in the index crimes as compared to the offense rate of 2018. Of the reported crimes, approximately 4200 were property-related offenses while a few over 360 were violent offenses.
While both crime categories saw a decrease in their annual rate, the drop in the yearly average of violent crimes was significant at over 25%. Of the complaints filed against violent crimes, the maximum number of cases were registered against aggravated assault, at 245. Of the reported property crimes, over 3000 were incidents involving larceny-theft while burglary and motor vehicle theft were responsible for an average of 600 cases each.
The sheriff’s department of Hawaii County Hawaii receives about 6500 criminal complaints every year, of which an estimated 7% are made against violent matters. As far as crime trends go, there was a drop of almost 15% in the reported crime rate, but violent crime averages increased by 2%.