There are three possible options available for those of you trying to hunt down information on active warrants and arrest records. You will be happy to know that you have to show up at the closest justice office for an arrest warrant search in Kauai County, HI. This could be the police department, the court of the magistrate, or the office of the clerk of court.
What is more is that at least in terms of criminal history information, there will be no difference in these agencies’ results furnished. The procedure used for scouring through the databases maintained by these establishments is almost the same. The inquiries offered are name-based, although it is possible to launch fingerprint-based warrant searches for a select group of statutorily authorized applicants.
The first and last name of the subject will be used as the identifying criteria, and all cases that the system brings up in response will be investigated for the issue of arrest warrants. Furthermore, the background report will also include details on arrests made, any outstanding warrants that remain to be executed, case details, and the sentencing carried out.
The county clerk’s office will also allow name-based investigations; however, applicants can use public service computers to conduct their inquiries. In the process, you could not just end up with details on Kauai County arrests and active warrants but also the civil litigations in the subject’s name. To contact these three agencies, you can go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 3990 Kaana Street, Suite 200, Lihue, Hawaii 96766
- The court of the magistrate: 4396 Rice St Lihue, HI 96766
- The department of the county clerk: 5th Circuit Court 3970 Kaana St #207, Lihue, HI 96766
Is it possible to obtain information about Kauai County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To ask about Kauai County arrests-(808) 241-1632.
- To conduct an inmate search- (808) 241-3050, ext. 244.
- To get answers to general questions-(808) 241-1711.
- To ask about arrest warrants-(808) 241-1664.
- To report someone with an outstanding warrant-(808) 241-1605.
- To get information about victim services-(808) 241-1898
- To obtain police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records-(808) 241-1661/1688.
- To request a case search- (808) 482-2330 (Circuit Court) and (808) 482-2645 (District Court).
Crime statistics of Kauai County
In 2019, the property crime rate of Kauai County decreased by over 7%, but this was overshadowed by the rise of over 18% in the rate of violent crimes.
Throughout the year, the local police filed approximately 2000 criminal cases. Of these complaints, around 240 were against violent crimes, while the rest were against property crimes. The offense rates listed in these categories were:
- Murder: 3
- Rape (including legacy definition): 73
- Robbery: 12
- Aggravated assault: 165
- Burglary: 373
- Larceny theft: 1273
- Motor vehicle theft: 128
Kauai County, Hawaii, has an annual rate of crime of almost 3000 cases. Furthermore, about 80 of the complaints filed are against violent crimes such as murder. Thefts account for the highest number of complaints at about 2000 cases.